Saint Lucian Products Featured in UK Store
We are excited to share that a range of Saint Lucian products have been launched in a Caribbean store in the United Kingdom. The products are displayed, sampled, promoted and retailed at the outlet store in Newbury in Berkshire and can also be purchased online at… Read More...[/column]
[column size=”one-half” last=”true”]
14 Businesses Get Export Plans
Fourteen (14) Saint Lucian enterprises are getting hands-on with the development of export plans to effectively pursue existing market opportunities in France, Germany and Spain. This is another major milestone for the Trade Export Promotion Agency (TEPA)… Read More…[/column]
Christy Creations recently returned from CARIFESTA 2017 in Barbados and is thankful for having been part of this year’s festival. Company owner and creative genius, Mrs. Christine Samuel, invested tremendously to ensure that her hand bags were visible…. Read More…[/column]
EPA Study Tour By TEPA Delegation
Lauded as one of the occasions to look out for in the UK, Jus’ Caribbean Festival is an outdoor event essentially selling the Caribbean to Europe. In keeping with Caribbean tradition and vibrant culture, the festival featured exciting Caribbean food, drink, music, and dance… Read More…[/column]
[column size=”one-third” last=”true”]
ITC Graduates 18 Saint Lucians from eCourse
Caribbean Export Development Agency (Caribbean Export) in partnership with Saint Lucia Trade Export Promotion Agency (TEPA) is hosting a two day workshop on Energy Management for SMEs in Saint Lucia.The programme will equip small and medium sized enterprises... Read More… [/column]
- Q: What are Free Trade Agreements? What is the advantage of Free Trade Agreements?A: A Free Trade Agreement (FTA) is an agreement between two or more countries where the countries agree on certain obligations that affect trade in goods and services, and protections for investors and intellectual property rights, among other topics. Countries usually incorporate a Free Trade Agreement when their economic structures are similar.The advantage of free trade is that it reduces barriers to exchange so that trade can grow thanks to specialization and divisions of labor. Other benefits include:
a) Reduce barriers of exchange so that trade can flow.
b) The creation of jobs: Free trade leads to exporters needing more jobs to fill.
c) Higher wages: Due to competition, workers can demand higher wages.
d) Political relationships: Free Trade Agreements lead to improved political standings between countries
[column size=”one-half” last=”true”]
DID YOU KNOW
- The FDA requests that any shipment of food or feed subject to the “Bioterrorism Act” be notified into the US to determine if the products need to be inspected or not. The prior notification should be done and confirmed to the FDA no more than five days before or less than two hours prior to the arrival of the shipment by land; four hours by railroad; or eight hours if by ship. The required questionnaire and additional information on “Prior Notice of Imported Food Shipments” process can be found at (http://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceRegulation/ ImportsExports/Importing/ucm2006836.htm)
- All goods entering Canada must be accompanied by import declaration forms which are used by Canadian Government inspectors for clearance of foreign goods. Exporters interested in engaging in exporting to Canada must ascertain from their buyer/distributor (s) the respective forms to be completed to ensure ease of entry to the Canadian market. It is imperative that exporters review all regulatory information prior to shipping their products.
- Always consult the Plant Quarantine/Produce Inspection Unit of the Ministry of Agriculture for information on the requirements for obtaining the Phyto-Sanitary Certificate to export ornamental horticultural products.
- Consult the Bureau of Standards for information on standards, specifications for the product to be exported and recommendations on suitable packaging materials.
Obtain advice from packaging companies regarding the appropriate packaging for your product(s)
Follow us on Social Media!