Export Saint Lucia invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Finance Officer. The Officer works closely with and reports to the Chief Executive Officer. He or she will be primarily responsible for the day-to-day management of the finances of Export Saint Lucia.
- Manage the financial accounting information and prepare all computerised accounting records;
- Obtain forecasts for expenditure; prepare budgets and cash flow projections;
- Assist in reporting to Export Saint Lucia’s stakeholders;
- Establish and maintain effective systems of financial control;
- Assist the CEO in overseeing the financing of the Programme, in accordance with Part III – Financial Provisions of the Trade Export Promotion Agency Act No. 16 of 2013;
- Complete financial reports for submission to the National Export Council, the Government / Accountant General, and relevant external donor agencies;
- Assist in providing the documentation and records necessary to facilitate the conduct of audits;
- Supervise support staff;
- To produce monthly quarterly accounts
Technical Experience Required
- Certification with the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Level 3 or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Level 2 or equivalent, plus at least 3 to 5 years relevant experience
Personal Characteristics and Profile
- Strong supervisory, organisational skills
- Excellent inter-personal and team-building skills
- Strong systems skills including prior exposure to Peachtree and / or other accounting software and databases would be an asset
- Must be dependable and of trustworthy character
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written
Salary: Remuneration shall be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applications inclusive of resume and certified copies of relevant educational certificates can be submitted to the following email address: email@example.com or mailed to:
The Chief Executive Officer, Export Saint Lucia, 2nd Floor, Hewanorra House, Pointe Seraphine, P. O. Box CP5524, Castries LC04 301, Saint Lucia
Deadline for receipt of applications is Friday 31st January 2020 at 4.00 p.m.