The Trade Export Promotion Agency (TEPA) is a statutory corporation, established under the Trade Export Promotion Agency Act No. 16 of 2013 and operating under the auspices of the Ministry of Commerce, Business Development, Investment and Consumer Affairs in Saint Lucia.
As the lead agency mandated to spearhead the island’s National Export Development effort, its overall objective is to increase aggregate volume and value of goods and services exported from Saint Lucia to the rest of the world.
TEPA’s programmes are designed to increase exposure of Saint Lucia products and services in the global market and to promote the national image or brand by providing information, counsel and marketing services to exporters looking to expand into external markets.
TEPA undertakes activities that will improve relationships between buyers and sellers, and enhance the competitive advantage of Saint Lucian exporters.
The Executive Assistant works closely with and reports to the Chief Executive Officer. She will be primarily responsible for supporting the CEO with organization and scheduling of work activities, the performance of secretarial duties to support the functioning of the National Export Council and providing support for human resource management within the organization.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Conserves executive’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Maintains executive’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Represents the executive by attending meetings in the executive’s absence; speaking for the executive.
- Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Completes projects by assigning work to clerical staff; following up on results.
- Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information.
- Assist with the day to day office administration of the Agency;
- Assist with the compilation and dissemination of quarterly and annual reports;
- Manage and monitor the filing system for Programme Management;
- Schedule staff meetings and record and prepare minutes;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
Secretary to the National Export Council:
- Schedule meetings for National Export Council and Committees;
- Prepare Council papers;
- Record and prepare minutes for meetings for National Export Council and Committees.
Human Resource Management Support:
- Maintain Personnel Files of Employees;
- Preparation of staff performance appraisal forms;
- Update vacation schedule and electronically record absence of staff;
- Assist key stakeholders with all day to day employment issues
- Support the staff recruitment process where appropriate
- Assist in developing the culture and systems for performance improvement
- Assist in the development of HR Metrics for assessing and monitoring performance
Technical Experience Required:
- Degree in Office Management with at least 4 years relevant experience or Diploma of Associate Degree in Secretarial Studies plus Undergraduate certificates in Business/Public Administration, and Human Resource Development, with at least 7 years relevant experience;
- Proficient in the use of the Internet, email and office machines;
- Must have considerable knowledge of office practices and procedures and travel logistics;
- Excellent writing skills and verbal communications;
- Must be articulate, assertive, detail-oriented and able to communicate at an executive level; public speaking skills would be an asset;
- Must be proficient at speed typing and speed writing;
- Must be creative and have excellent command of PowerPoint, text-editing, desktop publishing, and database programmes and be proficient in preparation of spreadsheets and graphs;
- Must have the ability to manage an office smoothly and efficiently;
- Some background in Human resource Management would be required;
Additional Competencies required:
- Must be highly confidential, mature, discreet, self-directed, keen, able to work with interruptions and prepared to work additional hours at short notice;
- Strong teamwork, planning, organizational, multi-tasking, interpersonal savvy and problem-solving skills are essential.
Applications inclusive of resume, two-written testimonials and certified copies of relevant educational certificates can be submitted to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
or mailed to
Trade Export Promotion Agency
2nd Floor Hewanorra House
P.O. Box CP5524
Deadline for receipt of applications is 23rd January 2017 no later than 4:00 p.m