The Trade Export Promotion Agency (TEPA) is a statutory corporation, established under the Trade Export Promotion Agency Act No. 16 of 2013 and operating under the auspices of the Ministry of Commerce, Business Development, Investment and consumer Affairs in Saint Lucia.
As the lead agency mandated to spearhead the island’s National Export Development Effort, its overall objective is to increase aggregate volume and value of goods and services exports from Saint Lucia to the rest of the world.
TEPA’s programmes are designed to increase exposure of Saint Lucia products and services in the global market and to promote the national image or brand by providing information, counsel and marketing services to exporters looking to expand into external markets.
TEPA undertakes activities that will improve relationships between buyers and sellers, and enhance the competitive advantage of Saint Lucian exporters
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), through The Director of Client Management Services Delivery the client Manager II (Marketing and Promotions) will be responsible for driving engagement with TEPA’s brand and delivering substantial growth of the exporters in the targeted export markets. TEPA’s marketing assets are broad in scope and include broadcast media and content, digital platforms, expositions, trade missions, diaspora events and other promotional events both locally and aboard.
The role will help identify, develop and execute TEPA assets and programmes to engage prospective buyers/importers in the TEPA’s brand and content, and expand the Agency’s presence in the export market(s). Results will be measured against exports sales growth, broadcast/digital engagement and stakeholder satisfaction.
This position is full time, and will be based in the TEPA office in Saint Lucia. Overseas travel is necessary.
This job is designed to allow the officer to gain valuable experience, assisting with and as required, undertaking the roles and responsibilities of Client Manger II (Marketing and Promotions)
as he/she participates directly in daily post operations.
He/she will learn how TEPA contributes in an international context, gain in-depth market knowledge as he/she participate in developing Saint Lucian business overseas, work with other government agencies and international companies, develop his/her understanding of the whole of government external trade policies and strategies, and have the opportunity to represent Saint Lucia overseas.
He/she will develop in-depth knowledge of and directly assist with all the duties of a Client Manger II ( Trade Marketing and Promotions), including but not limited to the following:
- Assist with the design and implementation of marketing and promotion Action plans /programmes in accordance with the Saint Lucia National Export Strategy;
- Contribute to the development of strategies and plans for trade promotion and international marketing outcomes for Saint Lucia in the specific export markets;
- Research and report on export trends, and contribute to the assessment of their impact on trade opportunities;
- Work with the TEPA team to deliver the promotional Action Plan, including appropriate strategies and promotional activities and collateral materials;
- Develop the ability to represent the trade and commercial interests of Saint Lucia in the specific export markets through market knowledge, building business networks and a deep understanding of Saint Lucian export capability;
- Represent TEPA with companies, business groups and government agencies (Saint Lucian and in export markets/countries);
- Work with the marketing and promotions team to maximize the potential of the market and assist in the identification and removal of barriers to entry in export markets;
- Assist the TEPA team to focus service delivery on firms who are internationally ready and provide services where there is market failure;
- Undertake the coordination of TEPA trade promotions services among multiple stakeholders in specific sectors;
- Support compliance with audit requirements and TEPA’s key policies, quality Management Systems and administrative regulations in the operation of the post;
- Support effective communication and implementation of changes to strategy, policy, programmes;
- Together with TEPA’s team, flawlessly execute all promotional events across export markets;
- Lead data collection and research initiatives for select market(s);
- Provide regular and robust management and metrics reporting.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Management.
- Plan, manage and improve personal performance in line with TEPA objectives;
Technical Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a strong record of academic achievement including (but not limited to) Marketing, International Business, Management and Finance, Economics, Law, or Public Relations;
- 2-3 years of experience in marketing (preferably in the international context) with a demonstrated ability to deliver against measurable targets;
- Knowledge of Saint Lucia’s main export sector(s); the International Trade environment, International Trade Agreements and export opportunities
- Strong knowledge of broadcast, affiliate relations, digital, and social media;
- Language capability with a recognised Proficiency Rating in a foreign language (French or Spanish would be an asset).
Personal Characteristics and Profile:
- Proven success in a senior marketing role;
- Strong initiative, adaptability and flexibility, with the ability to work with ambiguity, multi-task and set priorities;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Well-developed interpersonal communications and representational skills and qualities including the ability to represent TEPA in international forums;
- Business acumen including the ability to strategically analyse issues and draw out insights;
- A high level of integrity and commitment to ethical behaviour;
- Extensive proposal, presentation, and negotiating experience;
- Self-starter, motivated, team player with strong organizational skills;
- Solid computer proficiency, high level of proficiency in MS Office and MS Excel/PowerPoint in particular;
- Willingness to travel.
Applications inclusive of resume, two-written testimonials and certified copies of relevant educational certificates can be submitted to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
or mailed to
Trade Export Promotion Agency
2nd Floor Hewanorra House
P.O. Box CP5524
Deadline for receipt of applications is 23rd January 2017 no later than 4:00 p.m