Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the post of Marketing & Promotion Officer at the Trade Export Promotion Agency (TEPA).
In a tourism based economy like Saint Lucia, it is important to strengthen the linkages between this dominant sector and other sectors in order to harness greater development benefits. Moreover, the development of local supply chains of goods and services (especially within the tourism sector) is an important strategy for enhancing export competitiveness and increasing output and employment.
For this reason, TEPA wishes to undertake a more effective approach to developing the local supply chains as a platform for export expansion by dedicating personnel to undertake this task.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Officer will be required to:
- Effectively implement a project aimed at satisfying the local supply needs of selected hotels;
- Generally follow up on potential suppliers and identifying sales opportunities and setting up buyer/seller meetings
- Plan and prepare presentations and write reports on the status of the local supply chain(s);
- Communicate new product developments to prospective clients/ buyers;
- Oversee the development of marketing literature to effectively promote the products and services of small suppliers;
- Identify local suppliers who are export ready;
- Provide management with feedback from clients.
Scope of Work for Position
Developing local supply chains:
- Develop creative strategies to support producers, which includes interviewing them to obtain information to assist in the formation of marketing and promotion plans.
- Assist exporters / suppliers along with TEPA staff with branding and media communication, such as press releases, advertisements, marketing collateral, and web site content development.
- Identify prospective buyers and explain to them the advantages of utilizing products or services offered by local suppliers, and conduct follow- ups in order to ensure that suppliers close on business deals.
- Conduct market research to identify new business opportunities for suppliers.
Identifying “New” Potential Exporters
- Analyze current and past budgets, expenses, sales, revenues and product deficiencies in order to provide recommendations for business growth and problem resolution.
- Develop in-depth knowledge about the development of local supply chains, including business practices, marketing activities, prospective clients and industry trends.
- Maintain a knowledge repository of clients, referrals, RFPs, prospects and presentations.
- Participate in industry forums, client discussions, and conferences as a representative of TEPA.
- Develop strong relationships with suppliers and prospective buyers in order to generate high volumes of business transactions and networking opportunities.
- Manage customer calls and appointments effectively for maximum opportunities
- Supervise the client relationship management database and utilize it to manage customer contacts and mailing lists.
Skills, Abilities and Other Requirements
- Excellent inter-personal and team-building skills
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written
- Strong sales techniques
- Dependable and of trustworthy character
- A valid driver’s license is essential
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing or Business Management
- At Least 3 years experience in Business Management
- Diploma in Marketing or Business Management
- At Least 5 years experience in Business Management
Salary and Benefits
Salary and benefits shall be commensurate with qualifications
Applications must be submitted with two testimonials (in sealed envelopes), and copies of certificates. See TEPA’s
Deadline for submission of Applications – 4:00 p.m. on Friday, September 4, 2015