14 Apr I am a first time exporter. What do I need to know about exporting my product?
Posted at 17:43h in
For more information, please refer to the ‘Guidelines to doing business with’ section of our website for more information. You can only take a look at the ‘Export Checklist’ or get a copy from Export Saint Lucia’s office.
In the meantime, here are some key factors to note:
- Tariff Numbers: This will determine the customs duties and taxes to be applied.
- Procedures & Formalities: These are key to overcome any hurdles in the customs clearance in the country of export
- Trade Barriers: As an exporter, this will assist you in knowing and overcoming the barriers that can affect your exports
- Sanitary & Phytosanitary Issues: These will inform you of the various certificates required for exporting. These can include food safety and plant health certificates.
- Rules of Origin: This area outlines any preferential treatments that exist between your country and the country of export.