The National Export Council (NEC) of the Trade Export Promotion Agency (TEPA) held its inaugural meeting on Tuesday September 9, 2014 at Hewanorra House, Pointe Seraphine.
National Export Council’s Inaugural Meeting
The NEC consists of a cross-section of private and public sector stakeholders and is chaired by Mr. Ronald Ramjattan, President of the Saint Lucia Manufacturers Association (SMA). This is a critical step in the operations and sustainability of the TEPA. As the lead agency mandated to spearhead the island’s National Export Development effort, TEPA is charged with the responsibility to increase aggregate volume and value of exports from Saint Lucia.
At the meeting Mrs. Jacqueline Emmanuel-Flood, Chief Executive Officer, presented the agency’s 2014/15 work programme which provided the NEC members a synopsis of what TEPA has achieved to-date and an insight on upcoming programmes.
The National Export Council composition is as follows:
- Honourable Emma Hippolyte, Minister for Commerce, Business Development, Investment and Consumer Affairs
- Mrs. Jacqueline Emmanuel-Flood – CEO, Saint Lucia Trade Export Promotion Agency (TEPA)
- Mr. Ronald Ramjattan, Chairman of the NEC and Representative of the St. Lucia Manufacturers Association
- Mr. Leo Titus Preville, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Commerce, Business Development, Investment and Consumer Affairs
- Mr. Donovan Williams, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Tourism, Heritage and the Creative Industries
- Ms. Tracy Polius, Permanent Secretary, Department of Planning and National Development
- Sunita Daniel, Chief Agricultural Planning Officer, Ministry of Agriculture, Food Production, Fisheries, Co-operatives and Rural Development
- Mr. Michael Speakman, Representative of the St. Lucia Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture
- Mr. Ross Stevenson, Representative of the St. Lucia Hotel and Tourism Association
- Ms. Yvonne Agard, Representative of the St. Lucia Coalition of Services Industries Inc.
- Mrs. Rose Lascaris, Representative of the St. Lucia Industrial and Small Business Association (SLISBA)
- Dr. Mkabi Walcott, Representative of the Saint Lucia Bureau of Standards
- Mr. Nigel Edwin, Director of International Trade, Ministry of External Affairs, International Trade and Civil Aviation
The National Export Council (NEC) is an independent body that oversees the operations of the TEPA and acts in an advisory capacity to the government on issues related to Export Development