Vacancy: Senior Technical Officer
Export Saint Lucia invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Senior Technical Officer, who will be responsible for leading content creation for marketing and communication activities. This includes production of visual solutions for various programmes implemented, using a mix of creative skills and commercial awareness.
- Develop visual content, including photography, videography and graphics for Social Media, websites, marketing and promotion activities, newsletters and Export Saint Lucia initiatives;
- Develop promotional content for Export Saint Lucia’s activities, which includes trade shows and trade missions both locally and internationally;
- Design and distribute content for public awareness and promotional activities;
- Oversee the maintenance and further development of Export Saint Lucia’s programme related websites, ensure strong optimization, visual appeal, easy navigation and user functionality;
- Maintain websites using technology that conforms to international website development standards and make sure they are universally accessible using different browsers and visible in various locations globally;
- Apply new technology, media, interactive research and emerging standards related to internet marketing and digital media;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
Management Supervisory Responsibilities
Provide leadership and management to support staff in the execution of public relations activities, including the creation of a work plan and performance feedback.
Technical Experience Required
- Advanced knowledge of digital imaging and illustration with Adobe Creative Suite;
- Demonstrated experience with photography, videography and graphic design;
- Demonstrated ability to design graphics for banners, brochures, posters and Websites;
- Experience using CMS (Content Management Software) such as WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal;
- Must have excellent oral/written communication skills;
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with cross-browser issues (IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc.);
- Bachelor’s degree, and 5 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Experience demonstrating the ability to analytically solve workflows, organization, and/or planning problems;
- Experience in website design publishing and content management;
- Knowledge of Website analytics and reporting;
- Knowledge of website administration and maintaining dynamic sites;
- Understanding of basic website and general marketing fundamentals, website content creation and integration, campaign development and marketing promotion;
- Knowledge of common Web Programming languages;
- Good database knowledge including SQL Server or MySQL.
Personal Characteristics and Profile
- Decisiveness, soundness of judgment and clarity in executing directives;
- Strong teamwork, planning, organizational, multi-tasking, interpersonal skills are essential;
- Must be mature, discreet, self-directed, able to work with interruptions and prepared to work additional hours at short notice;
- Attention to detail, customer service and creativity in problem solving;
- Proactive team player particularly in the creation and presentation of ideas and designs;
- A passion for marketing and an understanding of how technology can enhance the role of marketing.
Salary: Remuneration shall be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applications inclusive of resume and certified copies of relevant educational certificates can be submitted to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
The Chief Executive Officer, Export Saint Lucia, 2nd Floor, Hewanorra House, Pointe Seraphine, P. O. Box CP5524, Castries LC04 301, Saint Lucia