04 Nov Vacancy Notice: Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer
Export Saint Lucia invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Executive Assistant.
Export Saint Lucia is a statutory corporation, established under the Trade Export Promotion Agency (Amendment) Act No. 8 of 2019 and operating under the auspices of the Ministry of Commerce, International Trade, Investment, Enterprise Development and Consumer Affairs, in Saint Lucia.
As the lead agency mandated to spearhead the island’s National Export Development effort, its overall objective is to increase aggregate volume and value of exports of both goods and services from Saint Lucia to the rest of the world.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Executive Assistant will serve as a primary point of contact between the CEO and internal/external stakeholders, ensuring that important matters are addressed promptly. The Executive Assistant will play a crucial role in supporting the CEO in his/her day-to-day responsibilities and contribute to the overall efficiency and success of the Agency.
Specifically, the Executive Assistant will be required to perform the following duties:
- Manage schedules, calendars, and appointments of the CEO.
- Arrange and coordinate meetings, conferences, and travel plans.
- Screen and manage phone calls, emails, and correspondence.
- Draft and proofread documents, reports, and presentations.
- Organize and maintain files and records of staff.
- Serve as a liaison between the CEO and other staff members.
- Manage incoming and outgoing communication, including emails, phone calls and messages.
- Prepare and distribute memos, emails, and other forms of communication on behalf of the CEO and the Agency.
- Assist with internal and external communication.
- Assist with project management, including tracking progress, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Organize and prepare materials for presentations and meetings.
- Record and prepare reports of regular staff and Council meetings.
- Plan and organize corporate events, conferences, and meetings.
- Manage invitations, RSVPs and attendee lists with regards to events held by the Agency.
- Handle sensitive information with the utmost discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Perform all other job-related duties assigned by the CEO.
The Executive Assistant will also be required to:
- Efficiently manage the CEO’s time ensuring she/he can focus on strategic tasks.
- Be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and demands of the Office of the CEO and by extension the Agency.
- Represent the CEO and Agency in a professional manner in all interactions.
The main outputs of the officer will be:
- The development of a well-structured and managed schedule.
- Timely reports on meetings and work-related issues.
- Updated staff personal folders.
- Correspondence to internal and external stakeholders.
Technical Experience Required:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Office Management or a related field with at least 4 years relevant experience.
Diploma of Associate Degree in Secretarial Studies plus Undergraduate certificates in Business/Public Administration, and Human Resource Development, with at least 7 years relevant experience.
Equivalent qualifications and experience.
Skills, Abilities and Other Requirements:
- Must be proficient in the use of the Internet, email, and office machines.
- Must have considerable knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Must be articulate, assertive, detail oriented and able to communicate at an Executive level.
- Must be proficient at speed typing and speed writing.
- Must be mature, discreet, and self-directed, keen, able to work with interruptions and prepared to work additional hours at short notice.
- Some background in trade and marketing would be an asset.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Personal Characteristics and Profile:
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Exhibit a proactive approach to the needs of the CEO and taking initiatives to address them.
- Organizational and multitasking skills.
- Ability to effectively convey information and interact with individuals at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Display a high level of confidentiality and trustworthiness.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
Salary: Remuneration shall be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applications inclusive of resume and certified copies of relevant educational certificates can be submitted to the following email address: email@example.com or mailed to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Export Saint Lucia,
2nd Floor, Hewanorra House,
Pointe Seraphine, P. O. Box CP5524,
Castries LC04 301, Saint Lucia
Deadline for receipt of applications is Thursday 30th November at 5.00 p.m.